WHAT IS GIT ?
- Git is a version control software
- Whenever you make some changes in a Git-managed content such as code, text files or any content that is managed by git, it records the changes and stores the history of each and every change you have made
- Git stores the data as a series of snapshots
WHAT ARE REPOSITORIES ?
- Git stores all project data in databases called repositories
- You can create a git repository on your cPanel account, or you can copy your existing repository with the new cPanel feature
- While working with Git, you can use a single repository for your project, or you can use a more complicated structure as per your requirement
WHAT ARE BRANCHES ?
- Branches are mainly used to differentiate the line the development by branching changes off from the main repository’s history
- With Git, each team member could have their own branch, or they can work on the same project-specific branch